Charles Benedict established Valley Vending Service, Inc. in the Town of Lewis in 1957.It began when Mr. Benedict purchased 10 cigarette machines and placed them in locations as a part-time endeavor. Robert Prescott joined the firm in the spring of 1970. In 1971, the ownership was changed from a proprietorship to a corporation, Valley Vending Service, Inc. In 1972, the Lewis shop and warehouse was built, expanded in 1975, and again in 1978. In 1980, Valley Vending Service, Inc. moved to a small facility in Treadwells Mills and by 1982 had outgrown that and moved to yet another facility on Wall Street in Plattsburgh, New York. By 1987, Valley Vending had outgrown that facility and moved again to 153 Sharron Avenue. Jeff Prescott came to work for the company in 1992.In February of 2001 the full line vending operation was sold to All Seasons Services and Valley Vending moved the amusement half of our operation to 65 South Peru St., Plattsburgh, and ownership of the company was transferred to Jeff Prescott. In 2005 the company was moved to 4874 South Catherine St., and restarted the Vending and Coffee business in 2006. In 2011 we purchased Next Generation Vending's Plattsburgh area operation and became a Canteen Franchise, doubling the size of our operation.
Valley Vending Service, Inc. has grown from 10 cigarette vending machines to one of the leading Amusement and Vending companies in the Champlain Valley of New York State.